Wednesday 2 April 2014

Le Wedding

So a day after tomorrow is a second wedding of a friend I'm attending this year, and this is I think the 5th wedding I'm attending in my life.

I wonder what yours will be like, R. Will there be jewelled camel, gold coated dates, mint tea in silver cups? You will look so beautiful in a dress. And so will your huge eyes! :D

I have never however been to a Japanese friends' so I'm a bit nervous about it. This country is still very traditional when it comes to things like this, and I'm not familiar with all the rules.

This hotel where I always am, repeat customer of the pity drink bar, sometimes has a wedding and I see a lot of middle aged ladies in kimono. For a wedding that starts at 12, I have to go to the hotel at 10:30 to get them to dress me and do my hair. Isn't kimono weird? Not many people can wear one on their own anymore.

I however can get into the normal sleeve kimono on my own. This time I will be wearing the full length sleeved kimono called furisode, so I'm gonna get them to dress me so things don't go wrong during the ceremony.

OK, this hotel has this weird drama playing in the lobby, a soap where there is this lady as the main character attempting to concieve thru IVF. My god since when is this acceptable in Japan? Sperm, egg, fertilization... Normal process of life of course, but weren't this a country where those things were only semi-acceptable if discussed between doctor and patient or friends of the same sex?

I saw on news last night about the earthquake in Chile. I'm so impressed that despite it being quite a big one, they managed to keep the victim as low as 6. It's still not ok, 6 precious lives of course, but considering the size of it that's a rather good news. 3.11 quake in Japan didn't kill many people either, but the tsunami that followed swiped a wide area away and it was shocking.

I can't imagine what a 30m high wave would look like when it's approaching. 
Have you ever been to one of those streaming pool, one like the river? I used to really like swimming against the current as a kid, because you never can. The power of water is so strong and it tires you pretty quickly too. When I recall that, to think that people got swallowed by one much aggressive and cold, is very sad. The stream pool was warm water and it was still thrilling to be pushed around by water.

It's raining for the past couple of days. Not a good news for me, as I needed to wash my clothes before I pack them to prepare to leave, but I haven't been able to. It also doesn't help that I'm walking around outside wearing what precious clean pieces I have left. I should get used to wearing the same item at least a couple of times, but I just have this must-wash-after-each-wear thing going on. I think most people with dermatitis will agree. It just doesn't feel right to wear it again.

I think if I had skin beautiful and intact like yours R I would be able to comfortably repeat wear stuff like normal people do. When I was working my granma was laughing that she didn't know weather I was making any money as quite a large part of my earning went to the dry cleaners for the suits.

I'm wearing a Donald Duck hoodie at the mo lol, my new fave. I love being at grand parents' place. Noone knows me so I can dress however the holy heaven I desire.

Oooh I forgot to tell you, my granma's cousin brought me a bicycle so I went to Adidas to get a sneaker, Amazon to get a backpack, and GAP to get a hoodie. I'm back to livin la tomboy life.

When you come over, I need to get another bicycle so we can ride around together :D I wonder if in BG I can go to school on a bike. Will I stand out? probably... and it might be stolen there easily..

I wonder if I should call Lufthansa and ask how much they will charge me for taking the bicycle back.

H

No comments:

Post a Comment