Tuesday 25 March 2014

Drink Bar

Drink Bar in Japan is like a self service drink buffet where you can serve yourself drinks from the table as much as you like. Generally there are non alcoholic beverages only, and some hot drinks like various teas and coffee.

I'm very glad that this hotel where I always am has one of this at the lobby. Paying for this service lets me be here for several hours without being an unwelcomed odd person occupying their sofa.

I don't actually drink from there much, but the price is not high at all at 2 euros and I enjoy the comfort of sitting here as an actual customer. I would actually like some grapefruit juice if there were some, but today after the storm of pediatric customers, they seem to be out of one which hardly ever happens. In fact this is the first time I've seen them run out of anything. Except for herbal tea.

Japanese people are so into their "normal" teas like various green tea, local bilkov teas and oolong tea that the herbal or flowery tea that once used to be a choice has not been restocked after I drank them up. I don't think they've even noticed which of the herbal teas are gone, as they're all in a dark green packet with tiny alphabet letters very secretly mentioning what to expect.

I sometimes think about letting them know that their peppermint, spearmint, rose, hibiscus and chamomile tea are absent, but they have already used up the space in their tea basket with those British strawberry flavored black tea packets. Those might be of a "class" and may have costed several times more, but my personal preference were the original herbal teas.

I see athletes. This hotel is famous for the soccer field they started off with. I see people that I've seen on TV, on the news. If I were a boy I might run up to one and ask to shake hands.

Kotooshu, the Sumo wrestler that my whole family lovingly supported over the screen, have announced to leave the stage and to become a trainer himself. He did well. But we'll miss seeing him in matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment