Sunday 9 March 2014

Shopaholic

I both hate and love being one. I wish I had some kind of income and my own place to comfortably store everything. I have a thing for dishes, and I also like cooking pots. A lot.

Some people say that those that keeps on buying something is purchasing things that they don't think is perfect, and therefore continues to search. What do you think? I personally agree and disagree, with more emphasis on the latter.

I do like what I got, so no it's not that I don't already have a tea pot or a ten and I know I have more salt and pepper shaker and water pitcher than there are months to a year, but I still sometimes come across a must. I don't know if I'm particularly searching for any more, but I just meet them. And love them. And have them.

I know I look like a crazy out of control shopper to some, but I do however have one rule I made for myself. I can't buy nor collect what I can not use. If I actually use it for the purpose or not is another story. So I can not allow myself to buy that rooster decor for the kitchen, but if it's a rooster design huge pitcher that I'll never use, well yes, let's get it so it can sit and look pretty on the kitchen shelf. Doesn't make sense to you? You're not the first one to say.

What do you do with tea sets that you broke a part of, like a saucer or a cup? I once had a beautiful tea set that I broke the tea pot of, so I was just using it to serve purchased bottled tea from the organic market until I accidentally found the same tea pot being sold alone!!! Oh the excitement when I found it, and how glad I was that I didn't simply give up on the whole set.

Today I went to the city because mom asked me to get something from there, and I was so impressed with my ability to not go sightseing in the mall on the kitchen's floor.

I wish I didn't have to not shop.

H





No comments:

Post a Comment