Saturday 1 March 2014

Room Wear

What do you wear at home?

Do you have clothes specifically purchased for wearing at home? Or do you wear what you feel is too old and worn for wearing in public at home?

I guess it really depends on what you wear outside to being with. When I wore jeans, polo or a tee and a GAP hoodie, whatever that got worn out became a lounge wear. When I was little and wore blouses, blazers, skirts and oxfords, I had the pajamas for sleeping in, casual dresses and sporty clothes for living in, and those for school. Now I have some of everything.

Recently, I usually wear at home things I purchased specifically for home, and they're generally what I'm too old for being seen in. Most of my favorites are Sanrio character printed items, some are WB, Disney and others from children's books. 

My two wash-as-a-delicate favorites are Le Petit Prince pj pants from Oysho and Keroppi sweater <3

I had so many Hello Kitty clothes but I recently discovered those got thrown away while I was abroad. To my shock. And surprise. And disappointment. But they said they figured I would have grown out of it by now, and I'm ok with simply buying more.

I must say, though, that the recent trend of Hello Kitty is not my taste. How could I describe it, they're noisy looking. Way too vivid, colorful, pop and... gangsta? I guess I'm just too old to understand and appreciate the design.

I'm taking my time behaving my age. Ever since I arrived in Japan, every relative I meet mentions how I should really consider settling down soon as I'm a "good age" for it. I know they are worried about me and my never ending immaturity, but if aging properly makes me as boring as they are, no thanks, at least for now.

Yesterday I got Toy Story's Alien (Little green Men) printed top, and it got mom laughing and then annoyed. She asked me what I liked about it, and I asked her if she has seen the movie. Her answer was no, so I told her that anyone who's seen the movie will love his ooooh. I always wash new clothing before I wear it because I don't consider them clean when they're new, and I've put the Alein in the washing machine but I caught mom hand washing it for me. I guess she gets the adorableness now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atUUjSLMSiM#t=52

H

No comments:

Post a Comment