Tuesday 18 March 2014

Time to go

So the jellyfish I am is today drifting to another location where I sadly do not have internet. I hope to find something better than visiting a hotel near, but that's been the only solution for the past decade or so so I don't expect a change.

Just like any other night before travel, or early morning of the exact day, to be more precise, I spend the precious little time left carefully packing everything, which ends up being about 70% of what I have gotten. I and then do try ever so hard to make it look like I at least attempted cleaning the place which is usually my sister's room, and storm out right before it is too late to make it to the flight so I never have that teary farewells and endless rounds of hugs and kisses, which doesn't happen anyways with my Asian family.

Speaking of which, do you know that Japanese are almost all like you, R? They do not like the contact involved in hugs, hate to kiss, and they don't even like to shake hands so they instead exchange business cards. It's kind of a manner here.

There's this package for me from the USA that's been at the customs for about a month. There is tax to be paid for receiving it, and I'm not at the address where it is destinated so I need to write them to let them know what's inside, how much is each and when I will be there. Grr.

I don't think that I usually have to go through customs in japan for the total price, but because it was lots of the same items (lab coats and scrubs) they got suspicious that it might be a business purchase and have called me twice, and want to have tax paid.

As long as I get the package I guess I'm willing to pay Japan tax. I belong to this place anyways. But don't they know that scrubs are meant to be a throw-away-if-vomited-or-bled-on type of clothing that's semi-disposable? Well I don't fully blame them because they're super expensive in Japan. But that was my point of making purchase from the US where the price really is that of a "reusable if not in filth or danger" aprons.

I have about 11 hours left here. Time to get some rest, and then I got work aka packing to do.

H

 

No comments:

Post a Comment