Saturday 8 March 2014

Road trip to the River Dunav

On Thursday the 6th , my mom and I took a week planned trip to Ruse . As soon as I finished class early in the morning - had the rest of day free - we took off on a two and a half  hour road trip . We made it on time for the birthday dinner of mom's uncle .

The dinner party was at a traditional Bulgarian cuisine restaurant,which made me think that I must order Shopska . My mom was eager to see her family in Ruse and see her uncle . I was happy to see him too ,and all of his children and grand children . I held his warm rheumatic hands and wished him health .

 I was asked ; how many years I got left in school and what am I to do afterwords for specialty .I couldn't answer the latter . I feel like lost in a wonderland with a Cheshire cat for a guide .As if this is going to be the hardest decision to make .I wish I could see my future as it was planned before clearly . I though I would never fall in the conundrum of medical residency and I knew what I wanted .However this is something I am just starting to put the pieces together ,of what I truly want to do and what are my limits and possibilities .

Mom's uncle always tells the story of how he came to be a carpenter during the communistic times .When I first heard the story my brother was retelling it after he and mom came back from Ruse two years ago ,with a set of four adorable wooden chairs-I personally use as book or food table and chairs ....

The storytelling extends to how he married his wife and built a house in the suburbs of Ruse and becoming a citizen of the city...

Ruse in my opinion is a neat place with more of an European influence .After all the border between it and Romania is open and its a matter of a few hours drive to bucharest .The city center makes for a good shoe shopping destination.  The coffee shops there are cozy and modern looking aomething  to look for in our next visit . I was thinking H we might do that together .




Just before leaving ,for the road back home ,we stumbled upon a restaurant called la Strada .It  looked to be on the fancier side with carnival masks hanging on the walls and it had surprisingly affordable prices  .




We arrived home late at around 11 .I had energy to scrub my face clean and wear pajamas  than sink into sleep .I knew that I had to wake up early for a 07:30 lecture of ophthalmology . Luckily the trip and the city were so refreshing ,that I made it on time ,unfortunately ,my green tea had finished and I was in need to be dipped in caffeine to maintain interest for the rest of the day....

R

No comments:

Post a Comment